Welcome to the Longfield Pegularity.
We are very happy you will be
joining us for this Summer day of fun.
Try your best on the Pegularities
and in between unwind with food, drink and socialising.
The key things you
need to know now are the location of Longfield,
to arrive around 11:30 and what to bring with
you (see below).
(If you could share a car with other
competitors it would avoid having to spend too long getting you neatly
There's a page showing the entry list and photos of the Pegularities.
You'll need to know how to compete on a Pegularity. For the keen ones you can do some homework by
studying the following pages. If you feel daunted by detail then wait until
we brief you on the day.
Schedule for the day
- From 11:30 to 12:00 we will get you settled for the
day and you will have the opportunity to judge your average walking
speed on a test course.
- There will a briefing and a question and answer session between 12:00
- The competition starts at 12:15.
- There will be a buffet lunch from 13:30 to 14:30.
- The competition will end around 16:15 followed by results and awards
- You can depart for home ... whenever.
Bring with you:
- MOST IMPORTANT - sturdy and comfortable footwear. You'll only be walking
about 3 miles in total, but some of the ground will be soft or uneven.
- Comfortable casual clothing. Tracksuit, T-shirt, jeans ... whatever. We
have ordered a dry, sunny day but come prepared with pac-a-mac if it
looks like raining. Wearing shorts should be okay. Some of the paths and
tracks will have nettles and thistles alongside them but the routes will
have been cleared the day before and you won't need to go wading through
undergrowth or climb trees.
- Ground sheet and blanket/picnic chairs. We'll use the lawn as a
- Special food or drink if a regular finger buffet won't suit your
- A pen for recording your Route Check answers. A clipboard might be
handy if you have one.
- Smiling faces.
We hope to make the Longfield Pegularity an annual event so your
feedback before, during and after would be much appreciated.
Looking forward to seeing you
Christine & Ray